Australian ETA Visa Conditions
- ETA Visas Are Not Transferable.
- You cannot apply for an Australian ETA Visa or Electronic Visa while you are in Australia.
- All Australian Electronic Travel Authority visas are issued on a "conditional" basis.
- It is highly recommended that you apply for your travel or business visas at least 2-3 weeks before you travel as not all eta visas are issued immediately.
- Please NOTE that these are electronic visas attached TO your current passport ONLY.
- and you can only stay for UP TO 3 months per visit.
- This Australia Holiday Visa is VALID for 12 months FROM issue date and you can only stay for UP TO 3 months per visit.
- You can enter Australia multiple times within the 12 months your Australian Holiday Visa is valid without having to apply for another visa.
- You must hold an ETA-eligible passport from one of the approved ETA Visa Countries (see list below).
- You must only intend to use this Holiday Visa to visit Australia for tourism purposes.
- You must not engage in any studies or training for more than 3 months.
- You must be in good health.
- You cannot have any major disease such as AIDS, Hepatitis, Heart conditions or other such illness at time of travel.
- You must not have one or more criminal convictions, for which the sentence or sentences (whether served or not) are for a total period of 12 months duration or more, at the time of travel to Australia.
- NO STAMP: No evidence (stamp or a label in a passport) of the ETA is given, as ETA information is electronically stored and accessible by airline and border protection agencies.
- ETA Visa is applicable to your CURRENT PASSPORT ONLY.
- If this passport is lost or expires and is replaced, you MUST RE-APPLY FOR A NEW ETA VISA.
- WORK RESTRICTION
- You may earn money from your employer IF you are paid outside of Australia.
- The Australian Government reserves the right to suspend or terminate any visa or other without notice.
- You must not work... You must not earn any income from any company within Australia unless you have an ABN number and will be paying tax on any earnings.
REMEMBER: Evisas and ETA Visas Are Not Transferable. If you renew your passport for any reason, you must get a new visa.
How does the values statement work for online applications?
This DOES NOT APPLY to people coming to Australia on the ETA or Evisitor visas.
HOWEVER it is still worth reading as a precaution so that you understand Australian values.
If you are applying for a provisional or permanent visa, you need to read, or have had explained to you, the Life in Australia booklet before you sign the Australian Values Statement.
It is recommended that you download and read the Life in Australia book.