Application HELP for Australians
Australian can ONLY APPLY for people who are OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA when they are making the application.
NAMES HELP for Australians Applying For Non-Australians who own a legal passport from one of these countries.
Australians applying for friends or family or for business visas can use this application form. ***
You MUST CHECK ALL OF the dates especially if the applicant is from the USA or Canada.
- The USA has dates which show MONTH, then DAY, then the Year.
- Canada has 3 different date systems, D/M/Y, M/D/Y and Y/M/D
- Japan have dates which are YEAR / MONTH / DAY
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The USA and the Canadian passports BOTH HAVE the dates in the passports as DAY MONTH YEAR but most Americans still mess this up.
DO NOT include any names in brackets ( ).
Also, please make sure that you get ALL of the names as listed in the passport, especially from Americans who tend to ignore middle names completely or just as often just use initials when the FULL name is displayed in the passport.
DO NOT include any PRE or POST titles (again, this is most common with American passports).
If you are applying for another Australian Citizen who has dual citizenship AND THEIR CURRENT AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED or been lost, PLEASE NOTE that they can enter the country on a TOURIST or BUSINESS VISA ONLY on their other passport ONLY.
IF they enter on their second passport and stay longer than the legally permitted time, they "may" have serious problems IF they need to use their secondary passport at any time in the future.
They may also incur legal and other associated costs if they are mistakenly arrested and processed until their Australian Residential status can be verified.
If you are applying for people of different ethnic background such as Chinese, Malaysians, Muslims, Indians or anyone else who was born in Asia, please review the applicable NAMES HELP links below so that they do not get fined when they enter Australia for having FALSE information in the visa applications.
Please also note the following important info.
- NO ALIAS NAMES
- NO NAMES IN BRACKETS
- DO NOT REPEAT SURNAME IN GIVEN NAMES
- NO TITLES (Do not put Ms, Miss, Mr, Mrs etc)
- NO Middle TITLES such as Bin, Binte, Bte, S/O, D/O, Anak etc
- NO POST TITLES (Do not put Jr, Snr, I, II, III, IV etc)
- DOUBLE CHECK Dates, especially from Americans
- DOUBLE CHECK names as listed in passport, especially from Americans
- ** Most Muslims and Indians call the Surname their FATHERS NAME
If you are doing group applications, please read this information regarding new requirements before you start.